[Lxc-users] fedora template

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 29 23:19:44 UTC 2011

Quoting Ramez Hanna (rhanna at informatiq.org):
> I have been working on a fedora template that actually works
> febootstrap is not anymore producing fedora rootfs but rather a minimal

Really, febootstrap can't be used to create a rootfs at all any more?

> fedora appliance
> my solution works by using yum instead, but I am facing a really weired
> situation
> whenever i start my fedora container, it would actually try to change the
> init level of the host
> host is f14 and container is f14
> could anyone shed some light on how the container is actually being
> isolated, so i can start from there
> or how can i debug?
> script used to create the container attached, it is based on the current
> template with a few modifications here and there

Note that for me to use this template on ubuntu, I have to specify '-R 14',
but lxc-create doesn't allow me to forward that option.  So I have to
first create the config file and then run fedora2 by hand.  After that,
for some reason I still have no actual rootfs :(.

As for trouble with init - is your fedora using systemd?  How does it
actually start runlevel changes?  Upstart uses dbus over abstract unix
socket (which is containerized with netns), sysvinit uses ioctl over
/dev/init which is a distinct file from the one in the container...
Does systemd do something we're not containerizing right now?

I'd love to get a working fedora template.

thanks,
-serge