[Lxc-users] Bind9/named does not work with Debian Lenny

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 23 14:41:16 UTC 2011

Quoting Christoph Mitasch (cmitasch at thomas-krenn.com):
> Hi,
>
> I just resolved it, it was related to Apparmor on the host.
>
> The host has a rule regarding bind (/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.named), but
> bind has changed the pid file from Lenny (/var/run/bind/run/named.pid)
> to Squeeze (/var/run/named/named.pid). So the Apparmor rule worked for
> the Squeeze guest but not for Lenny.
>
> Are there any recommendations regarding Apparmor on the host?
> Is it best to disable it when running different Linux Distros on one host?

Interesting question.  Can we have lxc-start enter a different
namespace of domains?  At first, by default, it can just be either
fully permissive.  Then we can think about sane rules to add to
lock down the container, and maybe even add other container-specific
domains to the namespace?

(CC:d some apparmor folks who might be helpful)