[Lxc-users] Control panel

Matto Fransen matto at matto.nl
Thu Mar 10 07:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 07:35:38AM -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:

> > Ideally I want a simple ncurses application that shows you what
> > containers are active, and allows simple functionality, such as create,
> > start, stop and configure settings.  Super easy to install, and runs
> > from the ssh console. No need for web servers, or opening up special ports.
>
> Nice - that should be pretty simple to whip up, too.  A python app
> wrapping the command line tools...  Could probably even design it
> such that the same core can be used by both a curses interface and
> a gui interface.

One of the nice things IMHO of LXC Linux Containers is that it hardly
needs any extra's on the host. The user-space app's are either
compiled C-programs or bash-scripts. There is one Perl application
but that is not-critical and one can do without.

I would love to see it stay that way. At the moment, it is very
doable to set up a host containing just a minimal system (like
kernel, busybox, ssh or dropbear, some libs and the LXC-app's).

So I would recommend to see of this could be done either in
shellscript or C, or otherwise stay at Perl.

Just my thoughts ...

Cheers,

Matto