[Lxc-users] Control panel

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Mar 9 13:11:59 UTC 2011

Quoting C Anthony Risinger (anthony at extof.me):
> On Mar 8, 2011 5:52 PM, "Trent W. Buck" <twb at cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com> writes:

> > > libvirt has pretty good support for LXC. Maybe virsh or the
> > > ncurses-like/based UI that recently got committed to virt-manager is
> > > something along the lines of what you're looking for?
> >
> > Is it really "pretty good"?  A few months ago, when I deployed lxc (as
> > in, lxc.sf.net) instead of libvirt, it was because the libvirt people
> > said that their LXC support was bare-bones.
>
> Really?  I'm soon to set it up again ... I had it running 2 yrs ago under.
> 32 without much problem (but used this instead); at that time it _was_
> barebones.  I hoped it'd be decent by now because libvirt pretty much rocks
> :-)
>
> C Anthony [mobile]

I suspect if you just want a full system container it's ok.  Especially
now that the bug is fixed where when you log into console and logout.
AFAIR the .xml config doesn't let you specify any device whitelist,
esoteric network config, bind mount sharing with the host, etc.  But
sometimes you don't need that.

-serge