[Lxc-users] LXC support with Directfb

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Mar 9 07:26:37 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 06:12 PM, Thierry GAYET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a directfb application located inside a LinuX Container and i wanna
> know how the directfb from this container is working.
>
> Indeed, the framebuffer is well initilized by the native rootfs that manage
> the containers.
>
> Then, i am starting my application by this way : lxc-execute –n brower
> /usr/bin/df_dok
>
> My simple configuration is the following (/var/lib/lxc/browser/lxc.conf):
>

> lxc.utsname = browser
> lxc.tty     = 4
> lxc.pts     = 1024
> lxc.rootfs  = /containers/rfs01/
>
> In any case, does somebody have ever started a graphical application with
> sucess ?
> Any comments are welcome ?

If you want to run an X application within a container, you should have
a recent kernel with an af_unix sharing across namespaces, share the
rootfs and hack lxc to share the ipcs. Where of course, isolation is
reduced and lxc lose interest.

There are a few alternatives, AFAIK.

  * Create a new X instance within your container, so you can switch
between your desktop with alt+f<nr>.

  * Launch sshd in your container and ssh -X myXapplication from the host