[Lxc-users] lxc-console: failed to connect to tty service

Advait Alai advaitalai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:40:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Serge E. Hallyn
<serge.hallyn at canonical.com>wrote:

> Quoting Advait Alai (advaitalai at gmail.com):
> > When I try to login to the console, I just get the message "Type <Ctrl+a
> q>
> > to exit the console", and no prompt. How should I define inittab to get
> it
> > to call getty?
>
> Sorry, I've deleted the previous thread.  What is the distribution+release
> in your container?

I am using the containers only to isolate network stacks (Broadly, I'm using
each container as a virtual host in a network, with the network being
simulated by ns3, as in
http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_Use_Linux_Containers_to_set_up_virtual_networks#The_Big_Picture).
want containers to have the same rootfs as my main rootfs, which is /

So, I'm not running any separate distribution in the containers.