[Lxc-users] Permission denied on lxc-console login

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 10:41:10 UTC 2011

On 02/28/2011 08:46 PM, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>      DL>  Can you give the following informations:
>
>      DL>  * lxc version
>
> 0.7.2
>
>      DL>  * kernel version
>
> 2.6.32
>
>      DL>  * the starting log result from the failing container with the
>      DL>  "-o mylog -l DEBUG" options
>
> It's here (the container is named `template'):

There is a bug with lxc-0.7.2 and the console. You can not launch 2
consoles for the same container.
This is fixed with lxc-0.7.4.

Is it possible, you have more 'getty' in the container than lxc.tty
provides for the container ? That will lead to have the getty to use the
/dev/ttyX of the host, I guess. For example lxc.tty= 2 and there 4 getty
processes where the two last ones will use the /dev/tty3 and /dev/tty4
of the host.