[Lxc-users] lxc on Fedora 15

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Jun 20 16:06:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 14:00 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Ramez Hanna (rhanna at informatiq.org):
> > On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at canonical.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):

> > > in
> > > the

> > > the

> > > solution

> > > the

> > > are

> > > Another similar - and easier to setup - thing we need to address is running
> > > on a system with libcgroup installed.
> > >
> > > For both, I assume it'll basically come down to:
> > >
> > >  1. figure out the path of the cgroup we are in for each cgroup we care
> > >     about
> > >  2. create new child cgroup for ourselves in each of the above paths whic
> > >     is unique
> > >  3. track those through the lifetime of the container
> > >
> > > So it just slightly complicates what's being done now.
> > >
> > > -serge
> > >
> > how does libcgroup change things? does it also mount cgroup on different
> > points ?

> Yes, in whatever way you ask it to.

I noticed this a couple of clicks back.  Maybe even F13 where I had
libcgroup installed and it was mounting things, initially, in /cgroup
(or some such) before the kernel dudes created the mountpoint
in /sys/fs/cgroup.  I got burned by it, even back then, and had to
disable libcgroup and do the manual mount stuff in fstab.  That was back
months ago when we were having the controversy over whether cgroups
should be mounted under /cgroup or /dev/cgroup or /var/lib/cgroup
or /var/run/cgroup.  I thought I raised the whole issue that these
things were in a hierarchy and not a flat mount even back then.  Now
it's under the /sys/fs/cgroup mount point and we need to deal with this,
now.  I've had to disable the devices.{allow|deny} options on several of
my host machines at this point.  Is anyone working on a solution?
Daniel mentioned getting systemd running on a system but it's more
fundamental than that.  Like you say, even setting up and enabling
libcgroup is going to be problematical and we need to play nicey nicey
with the other kids in the sandbox.

Regards,
Mike