[Lxc-users] can't remove cgroup

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Thu Jun 16 21:37:30 UTC 2011

On 6/16/2011 3:26 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Brian K. White (brian at aljex.com):
>> I thought we killed this problem?
>> nj12:~ # rm -rf /sys/fs/cgroup/vps001
>
> rmdir

Did that too. no joy.

In fact I did both the main directory and several runs of find|xargs to
delete files and directories using rm -f , rm -rf and rmdir.
I'll have to wait for it to happen again to diagnose what the problem
was. I had to reboot the host because I needed that vm back up.

I'm guessing the developer was doing something I didn't expect within
the vm, besides the use of the reboot command, to tie up the context
group even after all processes went away.

--
bkw