[Lxc-users] trying to bridge wireless

matthew byers faintstlsaint at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:44:05 UTC 2011

Hey i am trying to run lxc on my laptop but am having problem setting up
bridge. My internet connection consist of a WAN that i have absolutely no
control over. I connect my tablet to the network and then tether it to my
laptop. I followed directions from this site:
http://s3hh.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/lxc-containers-on-a-host-with-wireless/ up
until the point of running: ifup br0 #in which i get the Ignoring Uknown
Interface.....as shown below

stlsaint at stlsaint-devcore:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto lxcbr0
iface lxcbr0 inet static
address 192.168.42.8
netmask 255.255.255.0
post-up /opt/bin/lxcbr0-up

stlsaint at stlsaint-devcore:~$ cat /opt/bin/lxcbr0-up
#!/bin/sh
# This is the address we assigned to our bridge in /etc/network/interfaces
braddr=192.168.42.8
# ip address range for containers
brrange=192.168.42.9,192.168.42.230
iptables -A FORWARD -i lxcbr0 -s /24 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE
dnsmasq --bind-interfaces --conf-file= --listen-address  --except-interface
lo --dhcp-range  --dhcp-lease-max=253 --dhcp-no-override

stlsaint at stlsaint-devcore:~$ sudo ifup br0
Ignoring unknown interface br0=br0.
stlsaint at stlsaint-devcore:~$

--
God Bless