[Lxc-users] Adding devices to device white list after starting container

Devendra K. Modium dmodium at isi.edu
Fri Jul 29 14:34:55 UTC 2011

Hi All

I see in couple of sources that after starting the containers,
we can modify the cgroups resource allocation of that  particular
container.

I am trying to add the specific device to the devices.list after starting the
container only to get below error

 echo "c 252:1 rwm" >> /dev/cgroup/libvirt/lxc/vm2/devices.list
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

The above file in which I am trying to write to exists in the above path.

Please share your opinions.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Devendra