[Lxc-users] lxc-busybox template [features, fixes, future]

Charles Hewson cahewson at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 28 14:16:18 UTC 2011

I have been expirmenting with template for a while. Have hacked a
little. And, need the group's input.

Feature I have added - When busybox is not accessable or dynamicly
linked on host get current stable binary from busybox.net. Debian (lenny
& squeeze) Grml and others default to dynamic libraries. Some fail with
current static busybox. With this feature in template it is not
necessary to adjust $PATH on host to create a container.

Fixed -
	only setup links for /lib64 & /usr/lib64 if they exist on host;
	update functions to include all in busybox stable v1.18.4;
	restrict devices container can impact in $NAME/config;
	add /sys & sysfs to rootfs tree;
	add tty's for lxc-console;
	others, this is a work in progress.

Future - Should root have a default passwd of toor which is expired
forcing change at first lxc-start? Should commands that affect host be
removed from linkages (brctl, tunctl, etc.)? NOTE: this would not
prevent container user from directly exec "$ /bin/busybox brctl". Will
any of this impact the present usage of the template?

I am currently testing on squeeze i686. Plan to post template/diff
after testing on second hardware platform and more distros.

Charles