[Lxc-users] lxc-console over ssh

John lxc at jelmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:12:36 UTC 2011

Hi, quick one that is puzzling me. Do the lxc commands work over ssh ?

I am trying to open a console on a remote host. I try this:

$ ssh remote_host lxc-console -n vps_on_remote_host

But I get an error:
lxc-console: '0' is not a tty
lxc-console: failed to setup tios

Other commands work fine like this

$ ssh remote_host lxc-ls

works fine.

$ ssh remote_host lxc-start -n vps_on_remote_host

also works fine but the output (boot messages) don't appear in the ssh
session. The ssh session appears to hang until the container is closed down.

What am I missing?

In case you're wondering... I can't ssh vps_on_remote_host because it
isn't set up. The remote_host is in another room making the ssh more
convenient.

Thanks,
John