[Lxc-users] read only rootfs

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Wed Jul 20 02:21:39 UTC 2011

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> > > But...  I got this for the root system on Alcove.
> > >
> > > 106 55 8:17 /lxc/private/Alcove / rw,relatime master:1 - ext4 /dev/sdb1 rw,barrier=1,data=ordered
> > >
> > > Ok...  That now says "master:1".  Not sure what it signifies...

See linux-2.6/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt for details:

shared:X  mount is shared in peer group X
master:X  mount is slave to peer group X
propagate_from:X  mount is slave and receives propagation from peer group X (*)
unbindable  mount is unbindable

linux-2.6/Documentation/filesystems/sharedsubtree.txt also has good info
(as does fs/namespace.c).

-serge