[Lxc-users] what's the difference in lxc-attach

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Jul 18 19:54:23 UTC 2011

Quoting Joerg Gollnick (code4lxc+list at wurzelbenutzer.de):
> Hello Serge,
> I think that the main point is the initial setup of the cgroup (directory)
> structure.
>
> systemd
> tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=755)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-
> agent,clone_children,name=systemd)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/ns type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,ns)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,clone_children)
> cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio,clone_children)

That looks an awful lot like the default setup with cgroup-bin installed on
a ubuntu oneiric upstart system.  Actually, I see ns cgroup is mounted
(separately).  If you can find a way to not have that mounted, that may
solve the issue.

I wonder if systemd actually uses ns cgroup (perhaps to lock consoles into a
cgroup)?

-serge