[Lxc-users] mount from outside of a container online

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Mon Jul 18 18:59:16 UTC 2011

(sorry, just realized postfix has been messing up my email, hope this
comes through ok)

Quoting Papp Tamas (tompos at martos.bme.hu):
> hi!
>
> Is it possible somehow?
>
> I'd like to bind mount a directory into a container and also I'd like to
> avoid restarting it.

It should be possible, but you have to set it up in advance.  You can
create a /lxcshare directory on the host, make sure it is slave
(mount --make-rslave /lxcshare) and bind-mount that into the container
at startup.  Then mounting a directory into /lxcshare should expose it
to the container.

-serge