[Lxc-users] what's the difference in lxc-attach

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Jul 15 15:04:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 17:50 +0300, Ramez Hanna wrote:
> how can i check if lxc-attach is not working because of the kernel or
> because of other bug?
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Cedric Le Goater <legoater at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > On 04/07/2011 07:46 AM, Ramez Hanna wrote:
> > > from a post that i found earlier in the archive
> > > subject "entering a container" by Daniel Lezcano
> > >
> > > i cannot see the differece between lxc-attach and lxc-execute
> > > could someone explain?
> >
> > lxc-execute creates a container and exec's a command/application
> > inside it (see manual).
> >
> > lxc-attach enters a *running* container and exec's a command inside
> > it (manual soon to come). This ability of creating an exogenous
> > process inside a container requires a kernel patchset.

Has that patch set even made it into a release?  If so, what version is
it in and what version are you running.  It does not work on my F15
system with a 2.6.38 kernel.  If it has not made it into a released
kernel, have you built a custom kernel with it?

> > C.

Regards,
Mike