[Lxc-users] squeeze vm and "console modes"

Jean-François Leroux leroux.jeanfrancois at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:51:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I managed to get a squeeze vm working on Ubuntu server 10.04 (with
modified kernel) but I have a problem. When I launch the vm with
lxc-start, everything starts fine but the screen hangs to "Setting
console modes" forever, and I cannot get to the login or even kill it.
However I can ssh to the vm from another shell window.

How can I get rid of this little annoyance ?

Thanks for your help :)

JFL

PS : I created my tty's in this vm with these commands :

mknod -m 666 ${DEV}/tty c 5 0
mknod -m 666 ${DEV}/tty0 c 4 0
mknod -m 666 ${DEV}/tty1 c 4 1
mknod -m 666 ${DEV}/tty2 c 4 2