[Lxc-users] An application container for apache?

Patrick Westphal patrick.westphal at inqbus.de
Wed Jan 26 10:21:29 UTC 2011

Am 20.01.2011 16:29, schrieb Sergio Daniel Troiano:
> Andre,
>
> I'm using Slackware and i've compiled lxc-7.2 because when i tried to
> use lxc-7.3 i couldnt mount anything within the container.
>
> You have to create a root enviroment , i use /container, here are all
> shared files and directories (/usr, /bin, /etc and so on)
> besides you must create no-shared directories (for example apache
> logs) you'll mount them when you start the container.
>
> [...]
>
> ## Apache logs, fcgid
> /home/skel.containers/web/usr/local/apache2/logs
> /container/usr/local/apache2/logs  bind  defaults,bind  0 0
> ## Apache conf
> /home/skel.containers/web/usr/local/apache2/conf
> /container/usr/local/apache2/conf  bind  defaults,bind  0 0
> none /container/proc proc defaults 0 0
> none /container/dev/pts devpts newinstance 0 0

Hi Sergio,

there's one thing I didn't get: How do you share the /usr, /bin, /sbin,
... dirs?

I'm playing around with a similar setup bind-mounting the corresponding
directories from the host into the containers. But I can't see such
mounts in your config.fstab. Now I'm wondering if there's an other/a
better way to do this.

Best regards

Patrick