[Lxc-users] An application container for apache?

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Thu Jan 20 16:56:32 UTC 2011

On 1/20/2011 10:29 AM, Sergio Daniel Troiano wrote:
> Andre,
>
> I'm using Slackware and i've compiled lxc-7.2 because when i tried to
> use lxc-7.3 i couldnt mount anything within the container.
>
> You have to create a root enviroment , i use /container, here are all
> shared files and directories (/usr, /bin, /etc and so on)
> besides you must create no-shared directories (for example apache logs)
> you'll mount them when you start the container.
>
> You can use DEBUG mode when you start the container "lxc-start -n web -d
> -lDEBUG -o log_debug_file -f lxc.conf"
> i use 2 config files , the first one is lxc.conf
>
> lxc.utsname = web
> lxc.mount = config.fstab
> lxc.rootfs = /container
> lxc.tty = 12
> lxc.pts = 1024
> lxc.cgroup.cpuset.cpus = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7
> lxc.network.type = veth
> lxc.network.flags = up
> lxc.network.link = br0
> lxc.network.name = eth0
> lxc.network.ipv4 = 192.168.1.241/24
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = a
>
> The second one is config.fstab
>

> ## Apache logs, fcgid
> /home/skel.containers/web/usr/local/apache2/logs
> /container/usr/local/apache2/logs bind defaults,bind 0 0
> ## Apache conf
> /home/skel.containers/web/usr/local/apache2/conf
> /container/usr/local/apache2/conf bind defaults,bind 0 0
> none /container/proc proc defaults 0 0
> none /container/dev/pts devpts newinstance 0 0
>

> */Sergio D. Troiano/*
> /Development Team./
>

> /Av. de los Incas 3085/
> /(C1426ELA) Capital Federal/
>

> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 13:51 -0200, Andre Nathan wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 11:44 -0200, Sergio Daniel Troiano wrote:
>> >  Sure but there are a lot of things i have found about lxc , how far
>> >  are you? where are you  stuck?
>>
>> I'm just beginning with LXC... I have tried to use the lxc-sshd script
>> as a starting point but I still haven't got it to work yet.
>>
>> Do you have apache starting up as a normal user? Are you using read-only
>> bind mounts? Which directories did you have to make user-specific, and
>> which are shared by the host and the containers?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Andre

I've been unable to use 7.3 also, at least with my existing 7.2 configs.

I assume it must "work", and only the developer who changed it knows how
to make it work after that change.

I'd like a description of that here or somewhere so I can stay up to
date. I saw only an unclear answer to a similar question a while back.
Something about the mount paths being relative to some other context
than before, but it wasn't explained exactly what needs to be specified
relative to what.

I haven't tried to deduce it by trial & error since I need all my
working lxc hosts to actually work at the moment, so they have to keep
running 7.2. I haven't had time to set up a new lxc host purely for
testing that I can try 7.3 on without disturbing the production boxes.

--
bkw