[Lxc-users] LXC on RHEL/CenOS 5.5 Host?

Cal Webster cwebster at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 14 18:50:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 11:59 -0600, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Cal Webster (cwebster at ec.rr.com):
> > I've looked at OpenVZ but it apparently cannot coexist with SELinux,
>
> Do you know why?  Do you have any references for this?

None of the OpenVZ forum members could cite any references or explain
this. None of the on-line documentation goes into detail. The only
references to SELinux I could find said the SELinux _must_ be disabled
before bringing up the OpenVZ kernel, which is compliled without SELinux
support.

The only forum member that answered my post just said that "OpenVZ
introduces many hacks to the kernel. If you read the code, you'll know
what this is about." That's when he suggested I look at LXC. Before I
spent the time to read through their kernel hacks I decided to see what
LXC offered. That's when I discovered the problem with available kernel
versions.