[Lxc-users] ubuntu / lucid container not starting / mountall not sending events

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Jan 13 05:42:07 UTC 2011

"Serge E. Hallyn" <serge.hallyn at canonical.com>
writes:

> I'm seeing this too now in a natty container.  If you do
>
> cat << EOF >> /etc/init/lxclo.conf
> description "fake lo coming up"
> start on startup
> task
> exec /sbin/initctl emit net-device-up IFACE=lo
> EOF
>
> that should kick rc-sysinit to start, or at least did on my
> natty and maverick tests using the template.

Hmph; I mentioned this weeks ago (26 Nov 2010, according to git):

    # cat /etc/init/lxc.conf
    description "LXC vs. Upstart workarounds"
    start on startup
    task
    console output
    script
     # As lxc 0.7's halt/reboot detection hack needs /var/run to NOT be a
     # tmpfs, we need to manually clean it -- esp. the ifstate file that
     # tells falsely tells ifupdown "lo is up".
     #
     # To debug, add -printf "Deleting stale file %p\n" before -delete.
     find /var/run/ -xdev -not -path /var/run/ -delete
     initctl emit -n stopped JOB=udevtrigger
     initctl emit -n started JOB=udev
     # This one is needed for broken ifupdown NMU 0.6.8ubuntu29.1
     initctl emit -n net-device-up IFACE=lo LOGICAL=lo ADDRFAM=inet METHOD=loopback
    end script