[Lxc-users] updated lxc template for debian squeeze - with attached script ; )

John Soros johnny at r0x0r.me
Thu Feb 24 16:47:57 UTC 2011

Hello list,
I have edited the lxc-debian script found in the lxc package in squeeze
to install squeeze guests. I have done a few modifications aswell, as
the script had a few minor problems (imho)
I'll document the additions i did here (apart from the update from lenny
to squeeze):
 - mknod first four tty devices of the guest
 - generate random mac address for the guest so it gets always the same
   lease from a dhcp server
 - add the network configuration to the guest configuration (otherwise
   the host's network interface is used, which is quite confusing)
 - require a hostname - i don't see what use is a machine that has the
   same hostname as the host os.

Hope this helps someone
(sorry for the repost, i forgot the attachment..)
--
Increased sunspot activity.