[Lxc-users] Problem with vlans

Martin Fandel pingu.freak at gmx.de
Wed Feb 23 11:32:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

vlans are not working correctly with MTU size 1500. I've configured a bridge and linked it with an lxc. In the lxc I've added a vlan via "vconfig add...". I can reach the destination host via the lxc, but if i'm sending ping packets with more than 1468 bytes, it runs in a timeout. So the overall packet size, which is working, is 1496. With lxc disabled but vlans enabled, it works fine. Also over the network bridge.

How can I solve this issue? Setting MTU 1496 on both client sides is working, but is not an option for my network environment.

Thanks!

Regards,

Martin
--
Schon gehört? GMX hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/toolbar