[Lxc-users] Ubuntu sshd template

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Feb 3 00:47:16 UTC 2011

Gary Ballantyne
<gary.ballantyne at haulashore.com> writes:

> # /usr/bin/lxc-execute -n foo -f
> /usr/share/doc/lxc/examples/lxc-veth.conf /bin/bash
>
> The container fired up, and I could ping to/from the host. However, when
> I left the container (with "exit") things got weird. In a second
> terminal (already connected to the host), I got repeated errors of the form:
>
> [ 1396.169010] unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free.
> Usage count = 3.

I don't know about that one, sorry.  IIRC I got the lxc-ssh container to
DTRT on 10.04, but it's entirely possible I was getting those dmesg
errors and not seeing them, because I wasn't on a local tty.

UPDATE: oh, I see you're just using lxc-veth for bash... I dunno
anything about that.  I guess you could be getting that when bash tries
to initialize itself (e.g. setting $HOSTNAME)?  Do you get the same
problems with /bin/dash or (say) /bin/pwd instead?

> Where the bracketed number changes for each error. (A new error appears
> every 10 seconds or so).

The bracketed number is the number of seconds since boot.
The message is being emitted by the kernel.

> Any suggestions?

Show us your .conf.
Maybe show us some diagnostics, too

    lxc-ps auxf