[Lxc-users] lxc-start and terminal output

Martin Konečný martin.konecny at sourcefabric.org
Fri Dec 30 16:59:11 UTC 2011

That is not true. I actually got the lxc-start console login back last
night.

It is erratic though. If my laptop is tethered to my phone for internet via
the usb0 interface I do not get the console login. If I'm on a traditional
network via eth0 then I do get the console login.

Maybe someone can shed light on this? My container host + container OS is
Ubuntu Oneiric.

Martin

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Ulli Horlacher <
framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Thu 2011-12-29 (19:29), Martin Kone?ný wrote:
>
> > seem to have a problem. Before the break if I started a container using
> > lxc-start, boot information would appear on the terminal and I would even
> > be able to log in.
>
> lxc-start never provides a console-login, you have to use lxc-console
>

> --
> Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
> Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
> Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
> Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
> 70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/
> REF: <CAN_UGsD+sXG8f5zBmm0kaJjqbNyFU8EACzmYPMMB=YtbA73GKQ at mail.gmail.com>

Open source radio in the cloud. Get yours now! ---> http://airtime.pro

Martin Konecny