[Lxc-users] lxc-start and terminal output

Martin Konečný martin.konecny at sourcefabric.org
Fri Dec 30 00:29:56 UTC 2011

Hi All,

After returning from Christmas break to play around with LXC containers I
seem to have a problem. Before the break if I started a container using
lxc-start, boot information would appear on the terminal and I would even
be able to log in.

Now when I start the container, I get no output, and I need to ssh in to
the container to work with it. Any ideas? I'm using LXC 0.7.5. Here's my
config.

lxc.utsname = template
> lxc.tty = 4
> lxc.pts = 1024
> lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/lxc/template/rootfs
> lxc.mount  = /var/lib/lxc/template/fstab
> lxc.arch =
>

> #network
> lxc.network.type = veth
> lxc.network.flags = up
> lxc.network.link = br0

#lxc.network.ipv4 = 192.168.42.217

> lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a
> # /dev/null and zero
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm
> # consoles
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:1 rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:0 rwm
> #lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:0 rwm
> #lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:1 rwm
> # /dev/{,u}random
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:9 rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:8 rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 136:* rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:2 rwm
> # rtc
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 254:0 rwm
> #fuse
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:229 rwm

fstab is the default one generated with LXC 0.7.5

proc            /var/lib/lxc/airtime-saas-template/rootfs/proc         proc

--
Open source radio in the cloud. Get yours now! ---> http://airtime.pro

Martin Konecny
Software Developer, Sourcefabric