[Lxc-users] Differences between application and system container

Wai-kit Sze swk.aio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 23:25:09 UTC 2011

Please forgive me if the questions are too simple. But I cannot find
good answers anywhere.

What are the difference between application containers and system
containers? Both of them can start a command directly. Then why
application container is useful?

Is it correct that a system container can also be used as an application
container? But I found some previous posts saying that a system container
must be started with lxc-start. Why?

I tried to start bash in application container and system container.
When I invoke reboot in application container for two times, the host will
reboot eventually, even with the sys_boot capability removed by lxc, and
removed from the capability bounding set. But when I test it in system
container, the command always failed. Is it normal?

Thanks,
Waikit Sze