[Lxc-users] lxc-destroy does not destroy cgroup

Jérôme Petazzoni jerome.petazzoni at dotcloud.com
Sun Dec 18 20:23:20 UTC 2011

On 12/18/2011 11:56 AM, C Anthony Risinger wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2011 1:09 PM, "Jérôme Petazzoni"
> <jerome.petazzoni at dotcloud.com <mailto:jerome.petazzoni at dotcloud.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > If that happens, just try to terminate the other processes running
> in the cgroup, rename it ("mv /cgroup/mylittlecontainer
> /cgroup/broken") and restart it.
> > This saved me a few reboots already :-)
>
> You should be able to remove an empty cgroup with `rmdir`.

Sorry, I forgot to mention:
- if you can't remove the cgroup because it's not empty,
- if the process remaining in the cgroup cannot be killed (for instance,
because it's in "uninterruptible sleep" state),
- if you can't move the said process in a different cgroup (with e.g.
"echo $PID > /cgroup/othercgroup/tasks"),
- ... then you can still rename the old cgroup.