[Lxc-users] lxc-destroy does not destroy cgroup

Jérôme Petazzoni jerome.petazzoni at dotcloud.com
Sun Dec 18 19:06:43 UTC 2011

Hi Arie,

Glad to hear that you could fix this!
Otherwise, it can happen sometimes that a cgroup is stuck with
unkillable processes.
It can be annoying because you can't remove the cgroup, so if you want
to start a new one with the same name, you might think you have to reboot.
If that happens, just try to terminate the other processes running in
the cgroup, rename it ("mv /cgroup/mylittlecontainer /cgroup/broken")
and restart it.
This saved me a few reboots already :-)

Cheers,