[Lxc-users] reading hwclock from container

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Dec 18 09:15:20 UTC 2011

On Sat 2011-12-17 (14:38), DTK wrote:
> I am trying to avoid having to install NTP in every container, so I
> came up with following idea.
>
> Main server cron job
>
>         * 0 *  * * /sbin/hwclock -w
>
> Each container has following cron job
>
>         10 0 *  * * /sbin/hwclock -s
>
> However, the container can't access /dev/rtc and I am guessing that
> has something to do with my cgroup config line:
>
>        lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 254:0 rwm # rtc
>
> Anyway I can fix this? Or get the same result some other way?

Run ntpd on the server host.
time is a kernel issue and you have only one kernel running.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF: <CAAzn7UxoS4r2UD2axsG-eZeXRRb_y8bhOJ4B+B6uD82gX=sDQg at mail.gmail.com>