[Lxc-users] Container size minialisation

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivan at selidor.net
Tue Dec 13 11:40:47 UTC 2011

Zhu Yanhai (2011-12-13 18:43:41 +0800) wrote:

> 2011/12/13 Ivan Vilata i Balaguer <ivan at selidor.net>:
> >
> > I've carried out some tests with union mount points and Btrfs seeds and CoW
> > copies, and all of them seem to work without problems with LXC.
>
> Thank you Ivan.
> My concern is deploying Btrfs only for COW is a really heavy solution
> for this...Is Btrfs ready for production system?

Union mount points may be more lightweight but none is available in the
mainstream Linux kernel, and their support of some peculiar filesystem
features like inotify may vary.  Btrfs is part of mainstream and well
maintained, however its developers consider it experimental and I've only
performed very basic tests on containers (e.g. starting, running some
programs, shutting down), so I can't give you advice on that.  I guess the
best way to know is by testing on non-production systems. :)

Cheers,
--
Ivan Vilata i Balaguer -- https://elvil.net/