[Lxc-users] lxc-destroy does not destroy cgroup

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Thu Dec 8 12:05:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Arie Skliarouk wrote:

> When I tried to restart the vserver, it did not came up. Long story short,
> I found that lxc-destroy did not destroy the cgroup of the same name as the
> server. The cgroup remains visible in the /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/master
> directory. The tasks file is empty though.
>
> I had to rename the container to be able to start it.

Did you remember to stop it first?

> All this on ubuntu 11.04, 3.0.0-12-server amd64. Thoughts, comments?

Very very similar to what I experience from time to time. (Posted about
recently with zero response) Although my more drastic solution is to
reboot the host, but I have gotten away with lxc-stop then a start.

I've now stopped using memory limits in containers and for the time being
will let them swap (or share more memory with other containers and swap
if needed) - they're mostly well behaved though.

I don't have a solution I'm afraid.

Gordon