[Lxc-users] Fedora / CentOS

István Király - LaKing d250 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 16:07:44 UTC 2011

>On 12/05/2011 04:58 PM, István Király - LaKing wrote:

>> Hi folks.
>>
>> I wrote a guide how to get lxc running on CentOs host, with CentOS or Fedora 14 guest.
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=272995
>>
>> I could not get FC15/FC16 containers to work tho. I read somewhere it is because of systemd.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions on that subject?
>
>I think that has been fixed with lxc 0.7.5, no ?

I try'd with 0.7.5 from tarball, as well as from the git source. Here are the error messages:

[root at C4 ~]# lxc-start -n fc14
lxc-start: Invalid argument - pivot_root syscall failed
lxc-start: failed to setup pivot root
lxc-start: failed to set rootfs for 'fc14'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'fc14'
lxc-start: Device or resource busy - failed to remove cgroup '/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/fc14'

[root at C4 ~]# lxc-start -n fc14
lxc-start: failed to mount '/dev/pts/5' on '/usr/local/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/console'
lxc-start: failed to setup the console for 'fc14'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'fc14'

Host is Fedora 16, x86_64 with the 3.x kernel.

I wanted to ask on the lxc-devel mailing list, if I should commit lxc-centos :) ...

Cheers .)