[Lxc-users] help regarding lxc

nishant mungse nishantmungse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:17:12 UTC 2011

hello Canhua,

I did apt-get bootstrap and installed it.
And now when i did ::

lxc-start -n vm0 [-f config file] -d
and after that i checked
lxc-info -n vm0
o/p was vm0 is stopped.

I did the same thing which is given in that site you mentioned.
Wrote all the things in config file which are given in that site but still
it is not working.

These are things i did::

1) Copied all the contents of config path and only changed ipv4 add and hwd
address .
 Container with network virtualized using the macvlan device driver
lxc.utsname = vm0
lxc.network.type = macvlan
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = eth0
lxc.network.hwaddr = **
lxc.network.ipv4 =  **

lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.rootfs = /srv/lxc/vm0/rootfs
lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a
# /dev/null and zero
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm
# consoles
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:1 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:1 rwm
# /dev/{,u}random
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:9 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:8 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 136:* rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:2 rwm
# rtc
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 254:0 rwm

2) wrote cgroup /cgroup cgroup defaults 0 0 in /etc/fstab

3) mount cgroup

4)  after that i did::

lxc-start -n vm0 -f /var/lib/lxc/vm0/lxc-macvlan.conf -d

and lxc-info -n vm0 gives "vm0 is stopped"

4) and lxc-checkconfig gave
Kernel config /proc/config.gz not found, looking in other places...
Found kernel config file /boot/config-2.6.35-22-generic