[Lxc-users] Archlinux 3.0 Kernel update breaks LXC

lxc at jelmail.com lxc at jelmail.com
Sat Aug 13 08:57:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

I a quite desparately in a stuck situation because my recent ArchLinux
update to the 3.0 kernel version has broken my LXC. I've reported this on
the Arch forum but am also asking here because I hope there's a better
concentration of Arch users on the LXC list than there are LXC users on the
Arch list.

I wouldn't normally cross-post but I am desperate as I have no system!!!

Basically, when I try to start a container I get this:

lxc-start -n mycontainer
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to rename cgroup
/cgroup/1781->/cgroup/mycontainer
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'mycontainer'
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup
'/cgroup/mycontainer'
[root at myhost ~]#

Here is my checkconfig and uname:

lxc-checkconfig