[Lxc-users] lxc and libvirt management tools

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Aug 10 17:22:57 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 06:56 PM, Remi Verchere wrote:
>>> So, how can I migrate a container configuration managed by lxc tools
>>> to libvirt ? Is there any tools or how-to?
>> No. That could be very nice if we write a driver for libvirt for the lxc
>> tools.
>> If someone is willing to do that, that would be great :)
> If I had such skills, it would be a pleasure ;)
> Can I even use a container created with lxc tools with libvirt (using
> hand-made config files) ?

Well, more or less. AFAIK, the lxc tools have a bit more container
features than the libvirt has, especially on the network part.
I think the created rootfs by lxc should work with libvirt with the
right configuration.

Anyway, I am interested to have your feedback for the libvirt container
implementation.