[Lxc-users] Fedora 15 on Fedora 15 LXC with Libvirt

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Aug 2 17:44:54 UTC 2011

Ah...  Serge?  Reference back to the thread on "[Lxc-users] what's the
difference in lxc-attach" please?  We were discussing systemd back in
that thread too.

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 19:22 +0300, Iliyan ILF Stoyanov wrote:
> Hi,

> I don't think this template will work as it references two files that do
> not exist in F15 i.e.

> ${rootfs_path}/etc/rc.sysinit
> and
> ${rootfs_path}/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

> this is because of the fact that system.d doesn't use such scripts for
> init.

You mean "systemd" and not "system.d" but I got your point.

I have an F15 container running on an F15 host but the only way I was
able to do this was by installing upstart and relinking init to upstart.
Systemd seems to get a great deal of heartburn over trying to
mount /sys/fs/cgroup in the container and things catch fire and burn all
over the place.  I do have it working with Upstart.  Until a bunch of us
can sort out the details of what systemd is doing and expect and should
behave under what circumstances, F15 systemd in a container is going to
be a crap shoot.

Regards,
Mike