[Lxc-users] How To Enable Networking In LXC Guests On Hetzner's DS Servers

yanu liebae at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:20:23 UTC 2011

I'm struggling with a same situation, discribed on this site:
 http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-enable-networking-in-xen-guests-on-hetzners-ds-servers-debian-etch
For now, i have 2 vserver-guests running and i want them to move to lxc.

How can i implement such a thing for lxc? I'm playing with debian squeeze.

I tried 2 scenario's by using a bridge br0, but that didn't work.

1. No configuration in /var/lib/lxc/vm0/config for the interface.
   Static configuration in /var/lib/lxc/vm0/rootfs/etc/network/interfaces

   In this case, i can access the net and install some packages.
   But the internet can't access the lxc-guest. Only ping works (level2).

2. Make a networkconfig in /var/lib/lxc/vm0/config (veth) as discribed in
   http://blog.foaa.de/2010/05/lxc-on-debian-squeeze/
   No access from both ways.

I tested this at home within the same subnet, all worked well.
If i set the lxc-guest to a different subnet, i see the same problems as discribed above.

Thx if you can help me.

--
Groeten Lieven Baes aka yanu
http://www.debian.org         http://www.ubuntu-be.org