[Lxc-users] opensuse containers

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Thu Apr 7 09:14:42 UTC 2011

On 4/7/2011 4:43 AM, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 09:07 PM, Ramez Hanna wrote:
>> i have fixed the fedora script earlier when i needed fedora containers
>> but now i need several opensuse containers, but my knowledge of opensuse
>> isn't that deep
>> did anyone create a lxc-opensuse?
> Nope, I created an opensuse container, so I know that works well but I
> didn't created the template.
> As far as I remember, it is very similar than the fedora container.

Not really.

I have a slightly out of date manual recipe here:
http://en.opensuse.org/LXC

opensuse has nothing like febootstrap which the fedora template relies
on. The closest they have (without using an autoinst.xml) is zypper, but
it still requires some user interaction no matter what.
Much of the rest of the setup is different too.

I never made this into a template script because I hadn't yet decided if
it was better to do this or do something based on an autoinst.xml
instead. I follow this recipe myself when creating new containers if I'm
not starting by copying a previously created container.

It could be improved though. Some steps are unnecessary wrt the network
config files in /etc, they just satisfy yast so the container looks more
like a regular system to an admin who might use yast not realising he's
even in a container.

--
bkw