[Lxc-users] Problems after udev upgrade

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Mon Sep 27 09:51:27 UTC 2010

On 27/09/10 10:17, Papp Tamás wrote:

> John Lewis wrote, On 2010. 09. 27. 11:13:

>>> I can fully update all of my Lucid container with no problem except
>>> ifupdown. I had to downgrade it. The problem is with the
>>> /etc/network/pre-up.d/upstart script.
>>>
>>> Try it please.
>>>
>>> tamas
>>
>> Tamas
>>
>> aptitude install ifupdown=0.6.8ubuntu29
>>
>> did the trick and held the package back with
>>
>> echo ifupdown hold | dpkg --set-selections
>>
>> Do you think it will be fixed with a future version of ifupdown?
>>

> I already sent a patch, but there was no feedback:/
>
> tamas

Ok I've added my own comment to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ifupdown/+bug/632764

If anyone else reads this perhaps they could add their own comment,
click the "this bug affects me too" bit and we'll get it fixed sooner
rather than later.

Any idea how I might fix the "lxc-console: console denied by 'server'"
error?

John.