[Lxc-users] Error starting a container - could not unmount old rootfs

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 19:52:43 UTC 2010

On 09/22/2010 09:37 PM, Nirmal Guhan wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr>  wrote:
>
>> On 09/22/2010 09:50 AM, Nirmal Guhan wrote:

>>> lxc version: 0.6.5. Please note that the lxc version is same across
>>> the working and non-working kernels.
>>>

>> Mmh, this problem was solved with the 0.7.2 version I think, is it possible
>> to try it ?
>>

> It works. Thanks. Can I understand the reason for 0.6.5 error? It
> didn't show up always.

I don't remember exactly why but that was happening when the rootfs was
on the same fs than the host rootfs and this one is mounted with a
specific option (as far as I remember). The changes made around the
pivot_root solved the problem. In any case, if the umount of the
oldrootfs fails, umount --force and umount --detach is done ensuring the
old rootfs won't be reachable within the container.