[Lxc-users] Mounting filesystem for container

lxc at jelmail.com lxc at jelmail.com
Fri Sep 17 21:41:11 UTC 2010

Hi, I just tried to mount a filesystem in a container and I got this:

[root ~]# lxc-start -n mycontainer
lxc-start: Operation not permitted - failed to mount '/dev/sdd1' on
'/srv/lxc/mycontainer/mnt'
lxc-start: failed to setup the mounts for 'mycontainer'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'mycontainer'
[root ~]#

What I did was put this in /etc/lxc/mycontainer.fstab:

/dev/sdd1 /srv/lxc/mycontainer/mnt ext3 defaults 0 1

Container boots file without that line. Does this mean I can't mount a
filesystem that is for this container, and only for this container ?

I did this on OpenVZ without issue.

Thanks,
John

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web