[Lxc-users] Tunctl inside a container.

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Sep 16 13:39:10 UTC 2010

On 09/16/2010 10:33 AM, Kick In wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup a container, working quite good, but I need to use tunctl
> inside it.
>
> It doesn't work, so I allow the container to access host /dev/net/tun (I
> think that it is a big mistake, and that tunctl must refer to the veth
> inside the container...), but it still doesn't work.
>
> Anyone can help please?

I don't know your container configuration but if you use the device
white list, you must ensure you have the right to create /dev/net/tun.

I just tried tunctl, and that nicely crashed my host. My kernel is a
2.6.32-24-generic. I suspect a problem with sysfs, so at the first
glance I recommand to try with a 2.6.35 kernel.