[Lxc-users] template-script for ubuntu [lucid] containers

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Thu Sep 9 02:52:52 UTC 2010

Quoting user virtual (virtualusr at gmail.com):

?

> Now I
> don't see it there any more, there is 0.7.2 dated as of yesterday. I only
> took lxc-ubuntu script from last weeks lxc sources there and used it on
> lucid-s stable lxc 0.6.5-1. I only use official stable lucid packages and it
> works. Maybe parts of it are useful for some future lxc 0.6.6 or 0.7.2?
> Example: Aren't most ubuntu users used to admin group user as administrator?
>
> I am not sure I understand what you mean?
> You mean I can use lxc 0.7.1 from your PPA in hosting Lucid server?

I don't know what you mean by 'can'.  If you want to feel save, you can
just look at the /usr/lib/lxc/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu from the latest
lxc git tree and run that by hand?

> I don't need lxc in the container to use it, do I?

Not unless you want to run a container inside the container...

But hey, if you have something that works, that's great.  And you raise
a good point that people who want to stick with a pure lucid LTS will
want lxc 0.6.5-1, so your scripts on top of that may help them.

thanks,
-serge