[Lxc-users] Start a container in background but with boot messages

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Sep 7 13:25:19 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 01:11 PM, Clemens Perz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Afaik there are two usual ways to start a container: lxc-start with or
> without the -d option.
>
> Does anyone know about a way to start a container, watch the messages of
> the services started and any output of the scripts, but when startup is
> finished returning to the shell, as if you had used -d?

I don't think it is possible but it is highly desired and quite easy to
implement IMO.

There are a few question by the way:

  * should the container daemonize when we exit the console ?
  * should we automatically daemonize the container when there is no tty ?
  * should we get the console again with lxc-console if needed ?