[Lxc-users] linux32/setarch

Clemens Perz cperz at gmx.net
Tue Sep 7 10:03:05 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 11:28 AM, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 11:05 AM, Ralf Schmitt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running a 32 bit container on a 64 bit host system. Is there a
>> configuration option to set the architecture? Currently I'm using
>> 'linux32 lxc-start -n NAME' to set the architecture.
>>

> hum, no. Maybe that would be worth to add a configuration option for
> this, so the personality is set right before exec'ing the command (eg.
> /sbin/init).

If there are none, maybe you could also add a range of free conf options
- a range of options, which are ignored by the tools, but may help when
doing scripting on the host.

For instance,

lxc.host.arch = i386
lxc.host.autostart = true

You ignore everything that starts with lxc.host, but an initscript
starting containers could parse the config and use these options for
finetuning its jobs.

Just an idea :)

Cheers,
Clemens