[Lxc-users] init.d scripts not running on container start

Mark C. Hawkins mhawkins at medalist.com.au
Fri Oct 29 21:43:53 UTC 2010

I setup a couple of lucid containers using bodhi.zazen post @ http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/lxc-configure-ubuntu-lucid-containers/

Instead of using debootstrap I downloaded some pre-made containers from some source.

Part of the tutorial is the replacement of rc-sysinit and the removal of most of the .conf files from /etc/init/ including rc-sysinit.conf

My problem is that none of the services in /etc/init.d/ start automatically, including /etc/init.d/rcS, which is where I added to the script to add the default gateway, so after every boot I need to manually add the default gateway and start the services

I'm not sure where to look, but looking at /etc/init/rc.conf it is set as start on runlevel instead of start on startup as some of the other .conf had been changed to.

Regards,

Mark Hawkins
Partner

Medalist (M) +61 411 471 684
(P) +613 9702 8713
(F) +613 9005 2990
mhawkins at medalist.com.au

"I am a thing that thinks, that is to say, a thing that doubts, affrims, denies, understands a few things, is ignorant of many things, wills, refrains from willing, and also imagines and senses." - Rene Descartes