[Lxc-users] More than one simultaneous lxc-wait?

Scott Bronson bronson at rinspin.com
Tue Oct 5 05:58:19 UTC 2010

Is it true that only one lxc-wait can happen at a time??

I wrote some scripts that start and stop machines based on the run states of
other machines (this is for some fairly involved test scenarios).
 Unfortunately,  only the first script to run manages to lxc-wait -- the
rest bomb out with "lxc-wait: bind : Address already in use."

Is there a workaround for this?  Trying to rewrite the scripts so they
negotiate amongst themselves who should next call lxc-wait would be a huge
undertaking and probably require predicting the future.

Is there any reason the lxc-monitor and lxc-wait manpages don't mention this
limitation?  I really wish I'd known about it last week!

I found this patch from a year and a half ago that, if related, suggests
that this is a temporary condition...  Any news?

http://lxc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lxc/lxc;a=commitdiff_plain;h=31c53c2e1afc6c81ce4aad5ef4cb982cd2fea365

Thanks,

    - Scott