[Lxc-users] limiting RAM usage and disk space usage

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Nov 29 06:32:50 UTC 2010

Siju George <sgeorge.ml at gmail.com> writes:

> 1) how do I limit the RAM usage of a container?

In lxc.conf(5):

    lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes = 256M
    lxc.cgroup.memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes = 1G

> 2) how do I limit the disk usage of a container ?

Ensure the rootfs is a dedicated filesystem (e.g. an LVM LV), and limit
its size accordingly.

Depending on the container, quota(8) may be an appropriate
alternative -- note that it can be bypassed if the container runs with
CAP_SYS_ADMIN and/or CAP_SYS_RESOURCE capabilities.